Sunday, June 28, 2009

A post from Bill - Sunday Night, June 28


This is Bill and I read much of the blog and comments today. The support shown for our entire family was amazing and humbling. I want to thank all those who helped in any way and kept us in their thoughts and prayers. Tomorrow is the big day of returning home and begining a long rehabilitation process. I realize that this will not be a "quick bounce back". I had no idea how quickly I became sick. I want to thank the Vanderbilt SICU team, my orthopedic partners and especially our dear friend Addison May. Without his help I am sure that I wouldn't be here today. I never realized a big day would entail showering by myself, going to McDonalds for a coke and taking a 200 ft walk. I am not sure what I will do for an encore, but I think that I will start with the three goals that Jenny posted earlier. If you can see in the picture posted with this, the shirt says "half-full" - it is another good rule to live by. You never know when you will see another sun rise. Thank you and lots of love.
Bill

6 comments:

  1. You look great, Bill!! Thanks for posting the picture. Enjoy going home tomorrow!!! :)
    Carla Thomas Mast, messaging you from Moab, UT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture answers a lot of prayers, Bill. Good luck for a continued recovery--Love, Grandma Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill,
    Your blog made me cry. I can't even express how great it is to see you smiling in that photo. "Our Bill" is back. You didn't know it but I was in Nashville holding your hand at times beside your bed. I can't wait for a long hug. I love you.

    -"Hammer Amber"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy O.
    We are so relieved to see your smiling face. Looking much better than the last time I saw you in the hospital. We have so enjoyed having Nick with us this week. He is a real sweetheart. He is so excited to come home and see you. We will be there on Thurs. to give you a hug ourselves.
    Love, Kate, Tim and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill,
    I just heard the news through the Lebanon/Belles grapevine. I am thankful that my first visit to the blog finds you on your way to recovery. You and your family have been in my prayers. Tell everyone hello and GET WELL! Love, Debbie

    Dawn and Sheryl are on their way up for the fourth, we will follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill, you look fantastic! It's so great to know that you're starting to feel better. I was at Symphony at Sunset in Lebanon on Sunday night and everyone was talking about you and sending you their well wishes and prayers from home!

    -ginger

    ReplyDelete