Sunday, June 28, 2009

Coming home!

Bill will be released from the hospital tomorrow!! He will receive physical therapy and home health care at home. The wound vac and antibiotics will come home with him as well. He had a good day today as he ventured out of his room to the courtyard outside and visited with some friends for a couple of hours. The fresh air was a welcome change from the hospital room. He looks good and has accepted that the recovery will be long - he is ready for the challenge.

He sent me an email last night and asked me to post the following. I think we all know it is coming from his heart as he feel so very blessed with the care, love, prayers and support that he (and our family) has received.

Vanderbilt has asked me to write my three goals for the day but they could be for life
1.Have a strong heart and stay alive. For those of you that think you be able to beat me on tennis or skiing- good luck except doug dirschl. I make him look like federer
2 hug your spouse kids and loved ones everyday
3. Try to do a little good every day ,one patient/person at a time.

We are all looking forward to tomorrow and to having our Bill back with us!

Much Love, The Obremskey's

1 comment:

  1. What fantastic news! Bill, you've already come a long way, and I know you are going to do great once you are at home!! Here's wishing you a speedy return to the tennis courts and ski slopes!!
    Carla Thomas Mast

    ReplyDelete